What is BB Cream And Why You Should Use It
You are likely to be familiar with various types of foundation, ranging from cream to powder. In doing so, have you ever come across the term BB? Irrespective of whether you spotted it in the beauty aisle or on the page of your favorite beauty blogger, you will get all the information about BB cream here.
BB is the short form for ‘Blemish Balm’, or ‘Beauty Balm’ for some beauty experts. It does much more than the regular tinted face cream. BB creams are formulated to have a 3-in-1 effect. In general, good complexion must have a mixture of primer, moisturizer, and foundation; this works as an all-in-one foundation. Isn’t it lovely to hear that you will have to follow only one step to enhance your complexion instead of three?
BB creams were first visible in the Korean markets as Korean women were searching for alternative to the regular foundations. They found the traditional creams to be too thick and heavy as per their changing beauty preferences.
Properties of BB creams
- It offers medium to full coverage like a normal foundation despite being lighter than the regular foundation cream
- It has a smooth texture, allowing the cream to work as a primer
- Reduce skin care and daily beauty steps by using its moisturizing ingredients
- They have antioxidants such as vitamins C, E, and A that help to enhance skin brightness and elasticity
- Some of them also contain SPF, which is helpful in preventing the skin from premature ageing
Use of natural products
More and more people prefer to use organic products on their skin these days instead of the chemical ones. Organic and natural makeup products are very popular at cosmetics shops. To make sure you do not have synthetic additives and toxic fillers on your skin, make sure you choose natural BB cream. If you do not use natural forms such as Ayurvedic formulations of this cream, you may have several skin problems without warning. You will need to keep away from creams which have additives such as:
- Mineral oils
Can BB creams work on all skin types?
In one word, the answer to the above question is ‘yes’. This includes skin types like dry, acne-prone, oily, and others. However, a few important instructions must be given here. For example, if you have an oily skin, ensure that you choose a BB cream with humectants, which will give your skin the hydration it needs.
The other issue that must be considered is skin color. Women of color tend to have a difficult time in looking for a BB shade that matches their skins. In case the match does not turn out to be right, they may present an ashy look.
Steps to apply
- Apply the cream to natural cleansed skin after addition of moisturizers
- Make use of a sponge, foundation brush, or you fingers to apply
- Concealed areas may require a bit of BB powder to set
- If you are spending long hours in the sun, apply another SPF product